Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!!.... well....

not if you are Canadian. Their holiday is in October, and today is just another day to them. No turkey, no Black Friday, no holiday specials, just Thursday!! We did celebrate Thanksgiving last month, tho, with all of Calvin's children and most of the grandchildren (except for Jenna, who just had baby Jace and was in the hospital, and Aaron and his wife and children). We had a wonderful afternoon getting to know each other. And we were VERY thankful, as Aaron's wife, Kristi, had been in a car accident that day and was not injured.

I am thankful for so many things that are not currently a daily part of my life, and I realize more each day how dear my mother, my children, my friends and especially my country, are to me!! But no matter where I live, I am so very blessed to have the comfort of the gospel of Jesus Christ and His atonement, a comfortable warm home, a loving husband, and the love of friends and family.

1 comment:

We Three Queens said...

Hi Cheri.... I found your blog through Candice's. Now I can keep up with you this way too. Later Gator!!