Friday, April 24, 2009

Jackpot! I am a Winner!!

This week the local weatherwoman declared that she was giving away two tickets to the Neil Young concert Saturday night in Lethbridge. All you had to do was watch the weather segment on Thursday, April 23 and answer a trivia question. From the correct answers, she would pick a winner at random for the tickets.

Being old and knowing who Neil Young is, being that I am highly competitive, and most importantly that I love to win stuff for free (hey, call me cheap, it works for me), I decided to bone up on my Neil Young trivia and give it a whirl.

Her trivia question just involved finding the song title that belonged to the lyrics "some are bound for happiness, some are bound to glory" and call a special phone line. So....... to the computer I go to look up the lyrics on www.lyrics.com ~~and the song is "See The Sky About to Rain" (never heard of it but maybe he will sing it tomorrow night, eh?) So I called with my answer and phone number.

So today at noon the phone rings. Caller ID tells me it is CTV ~~ wasn't going to answer until I realized it was the TV station call letters. So Dori Rossiter (the weatherwoman) asks me if I really want to go to the concert... sure! Out of 72 entries, mine was the ONLY correct answer.
Get real. The tickets are worth $137.50 each; much more than I would ever pay, but FREE is great. Since the concert is free, we are going out for Chinese before the show. I love it when a plan comes together.

3 comments:

Mary said...

do people not know about the internet up there?

Candace said...

how do you do it?? no one should be allowed win things as much as you do... congrats anyway and i hope the concert was good.

Ang said...

You are SO lucky with winning stuff! Mike is that way too. Why don't you guys play the lottery-just once. After you win, you can repent!